Installation problems

Experiencing a technical issue or bug with Hidden & Dangerous 2, discuss it here and ask for help.
ellisano
Private

Installation problems

Unread post by ellisano » Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:57 pm

I used to play H&D 2 religiously on my laptop rigged up to a tv with a wireless keyboard and mouse with no problems what so ever then my bro gave me his computer (Alienware with a double hard-drive) I was over the moon as surely this comp has miles more memory and new technology than the laptop.

My problem occurs as soon as i start to install H&D2 an error message pops up and says something about InstallShield Scripting Runtime Error?? I've tried solutions over the internet but nothing works im thinking about restoring the comp back to factory settings to solve the problem as im getting really frustrated with it now. angry01

I tried installing another game (Civ 4) and this installed without any problems and needs superior system requirements than H&D2 to my knowledge.

The graphics card is a ATI Radeon x800, If you need anymore info i can get it thanks.

Jason
Administrator

Re: Installation problems

Unread post by Jason » Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:38 pm

Hrmmm, are you sure the discs are not badly scratched?
What operating system is the "new" PC running?
A new day, a new beginning

Fixing H&D2 Multiplayer tutorial

ellisano
Private

Unread post by ellisano » Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:59 pm

Hi Jason, thanks for replying I have now got it working thanks too my bro!! My computer has an ATI catalyst control centre (something to with graphics i dunno  :roll: ) and it wouldnt accept the latest version but its now sorted i'm over the moon!!! Unfortunately I still won't be able to play online until after Xmas as I have sort of unofficially moved in with my gf and she doesnt have broadband but I will sort that soon, any recommendations for a decent one??

ellisano
Private

Unread post by ellisano » Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:04 pm

Oh yeah, One more thing!!

What servers do you all normally go on?? I used to go on GS servers all of the time because I always had a good battle on there, any others you would recommend??

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:20 am

Depends on what you are looking for. Don't forget you can modify your posts if you feel the need to add something when no one has replied yet.
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:44 pm

I have not played online in a fair while to be honest, wouldn't know any good servers, I just tend to join anything :oops: you're bound to find a good game eventually.

ellisano
Private

Unread post by ellisano » Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:25 pm

Ahh I see, I think the online play is excellent.

Occupation is great especially on the czech 4 map, i've spent hours fighting for a small bit of territory, great fun  :lol:

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:04 pm

Yeah the Occupation in H&D2 is better than similar mode in Battlefield. Always have a lot of fun in Occupation mode, can be very crazy and hectic though.