Bren and german bren gun...thing

Talk about modding Hidden & Dangerous 2 in here.
Stogie
Private

Re: Bren and german bren gun...thing

Unread post by Stogie » Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:15 am

Lars wrote:In short - yes.
So has ever someone tried to change this mod to a way that doesn´t "f*ck" MP up ??

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:03 pm

ShY-GuY wrote:Anyone ever make a mod that allows you to fire bren and ZB while standing/crouched?
Well it has been awhile, but yes I have.
Lars wrote:In short - yes.
In long: its the same mod witch allows you to use any weapon and any uniform you want in mp and f*cked up so any game.
That wasn't the only one at the time! :mrgreen: I had started on mine by then. fingers01
ShY-GuY wrote:Ugghh... This is really annoying....
Yes, it was terrible, it had all sorts of stupid things in it that were just unrealistic by far.
Stogie wrote:So has ever someone tried to change this mod to a way that doesn´t "f*ck" MP up ??
I didn't try and change that mod, it was too far gone, I just started from scratch, but yes my mod does not fuck up in MP. At first it was a problem with some things, since the file was from the non-expansion extract, but ever since the SS files have been extracted, from the first day actually, the first minute I acquired the files, my mod has been working without any issues. This was a great day!

I have made more improvements than just that though. Among them, firing the BAR from the shoulder while standing, like I said I wanted earlier in this thread, and reducing the magazine capacity from 30 to 20 on the "german bren gun...thing", which is actually a ZB39 chambered in 7.92 Mauser, hence the 20 round 7.92 Mauser magazine.

Stogie
Private

Unread post by Stogie » Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:42 pm

-ViTaMiHnM203- wrote:
I didn't try and change that mod, it was too far gone, I just started from scratch, but yes my mod does not fuck up in MP. At first it was a problem with some things, since the file was from the non-expansion extract, but ever since the SS files have been extracted, from the first day actually, the first minute I acquired the files, my mod has been working without any issues. This was a great day!

I have made more improvements than just that though. Among them, firing the BAR from the shoulder while standing, like I said I wanted earlier in this thread, and reducing the magazine capacity from 30 to 20 on the "german bren gun...thing", which is actually a ZB39 chambered in 7.92 Mauser, hence the 20 round 7.92 Mauser magazine.
And does it work with Singleplayer ?
Where to download ?
Thompson MP with 30rds Mags ?
:shock: :shock: :shock: :P

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:09 pm

Stogie wrote:And does it work with Singleplayer ?
Why wouldn't it work?
Stogie wrote:Where to download ?
I have not released it, only a few people have it.
Stogie wrote:Thompson MP with 30rds Mags ?
If you look back to your August 11 2009 post and my reply, you will find...
-ViTaMiHnM203- wrote:Sure would be nice, but would require more work to get it right. In the image I posted above, the length of the magazine is correct for a 30 round box, but the texture with only the 4 holes would need to be changed to six. Unfortunately the actual length of the magazine in game is that of the 20 round box. So now you need to change the texture and rework the model to stretch the magazine.
So no, I did not make it 30 rounds as that would be unrealistic.

Other things that you wanted, like the rifles being reloaded at anytime and the more accurate pistols, are in my mod as well. Lots of the weapons have their velocity off, so by correcting the velocity on some of the pistols, they actually become more accurate.

Stogie
Private

Unread post by Stogie » Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:42 am

Reading this makes me absolutly happy, i already give a big THANKS now, seriously...

...BUT :mrgreen:
-ViTaMiHnM203- wrote:Sure would be nice, but would require more work to get it right. In the image I posted above, the length of the magazine is correct for a 30 round box, but the texture with only the 4 holes would need to be changed to six. Unfortunately the actual length of the magazine in game is that of the 20 round box. So now you need to change the texture and rework the model to stretch the magazine.
yes i already forgot that post, but speaking of realism...look at the bolt pull animation, he just does it with 1 finger^^
same goes for reloading, IRL it was a bit more "complicated", in game it looks to easy.
So about the Mag then, is it soooooo apocalyptic bad if the M1a1 has a 30rds mag with ONLY 4 holes on it ?? ;)
http://world.guns.ru/userfiles/images/s ... y_m1a1.jpg
http://world.guns.ru/userfiles/images/s ... mmy_m1.jpg
so the mag ingame would be a ~25-27rds mag then, compared to the pistol grip in the screenshot in one of your previous posts^^ and the 30rds mag were standard issued to the troops. I read somewhere that the 20rds mag was issued to logistics troops and US Paras (but they looked forward to get the 30 asap).

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:34 pm

Stogie wrote:IRL it was a bit more "complicated", in game it looks to easy.
What do you mean?
Stogie wrote:So about the Mag then, is it soooooo apocalyptic bad if the M1a1 has a 30rds mag with ONLY 4 holes on it ??
Yes... :shock: :P
Stogie wrote:so the mag ingame would be a ~25-27rds mag then, compared to the pistol grip in the screenshot in one of your previous posts
No, it is either the 20 or the 30. The game does not get dimensions spot on, not many games do. The magazine in game coincides with the 20, very well, the 30 not at all.

Actually I just looked back at it and my colors are a little different, I can see the grip now, it is the normal skin. I have just had a modded skin for so long I did not recognize the color last time. It is just the angle and resolution the shot was taken at. So no it is not the length of a 30 round in the screenshot, it is the same default skin that is with the game.
Stogie wrote:and the 30rds mag were standard issued to the troops.

So was the 20, until the 30 was manufactured.
Stogie wrote:I read somewhere that the 20rds mag was issued to logistics troops and US Paras (but they looked forward to get the 30 asap).
Another irrelevant tidbit, as we are not US troops. :roll: ;)

Stogie
Private

Unread post by Stogie » Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:32 pm

Bloody hell, it was almost 2 o´clock in the morning when i wrote this, i forgot ..."and UK Paras" ^^

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thompson_submachine_gun
There were complaints from military users of the M1928A1 that the "L" fifty round drum magazine was heavy, noisy and slow to reload, and the "XX" twenty round box magazine was limited in capacity. Two alternatives were tested December 6, 1941 at Fort Knox: an extended thirty round box magazine and a forty round magazine made by welding two twenty round magazines face to face. Testers considered both superior to either the "XX" box or "L" drum. The thirty round box was approved as standard in December 1941 to replace the "XX" and "L" magazines.[26] (The concept of welding two box magazines face-to-face was carried over with the UD 42 submachine gun.)
Another FACT: The brits used the M1928(a1) in the first 2-3 years, but we are already running with the M1(a1) in Norway 1941....Call me an idiot, but i HATE Thompsons with 20rd Mags :lol:

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:29 pm

Stogie wrote:but we are already running with the M1(a1) in Norway 1941....
Well we get in to this in a few other posts... As far as I am concerned it is not 1941 during those missions. My game has not made references to that year, for years. :mrgreen:

Stogie
Private

Unread post by Stogie » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:08 pm

-ViTaMiHnM203- wrote:
Stogie wrote:but we are already running with the M1(a1) in Norway 1941....
Well we get in to this in a few other posts... As far as I am concerned it is not 1941 during those missions. My game has not made references to that year, for years. :mrgreen:
I know it because i was there...in my former life...
GNAH just kidding, at least you see the date in the mission intro (before they perform their parajump)

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:00 am

Stogie wrote:at least you see the date in the mission intro (before they perform their parajump)
Nope, not me. I removed that ages back. :cool:

Stogie
Private

Unread post by Stogie » Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:05 pm

AHEM *cough*
Well, Vitamihn, have you released you creation yet ? ^^

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:08 pm

Of course not... :mrgreen:
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

Stogie
Private

Unread post by Stogie » Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:51 pm

Oh could you plz....

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:27 am

Well, the list of people that I update with it is very small. If I release it, I lose control over what versions are out there. It is not complete, I don't want non-perfected work of mine out there. The way I have it now, I know old versions are getting deleted/overwritten.

If you want you can befriend me and gain my trust, maybe get on my "clients list." funny02
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

ShY-GuY
Private

Unread post by ShY-GuY » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:53 pm

Hey, it's been a long time and I am doing another play of HnD2. Would you happen to have ever released that mod? I'd love to play it.