Advice for H&D2 players who want to play H&D?

This is for all Hidden & Dangerous Deluxe talk including mission strategies, setting up multiplayer games and technical support.
Rendroc
Private

Unread post by Rendroc » Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:25 pm

Hey, after reading so many wistful reviews of H&D Deluxe I decided to download it. While I am trying to learn all the new controls, does anyone have any thoughts on other differences, specifically the Tactical Map? In H&D2 I try to use it a lot to form complex maneuvers. Is this still possible in H&DD, or is it limited to more of an FPS type game?

Thanks!

Drozdov
Major

Unread post by Drozdov » Tue Sep 20, 2005 8:55 pm

If anything it's possible to do more complex manuevers in H&D Deluxe, since it allows you to synchronise your team's movements with the time slider. Only problem is the pathing system isn't great, and can sometimes prove lethal as your goons run into water, off the map, anywhere but they're supposed to. Also it's not 3d, though it's not that much of a hindrance since you can zoom in and select different levels of buildings to view and so on.

H&D Deluxe is much less of an FPS game than H&D 2. Try running and gunning in H&D and you'll get massacred by the uber skills of the enemy soldiers - they can snipe you from a mile away with an MP40. It's more of a tactical war game I'd say.
"Nothing is more dangerous than a resourceful idiot."

[1st Fallschirmjager Division]

Oldih
Global Moderator

Unread post by Oldih » Wed Sep 21, 2005 1:29 pm

Well H&D2 is easy to run&gun in easy etc, while on hard\very hard it needs lot more careful approach. And same applies to H&DD, I once actually completed the game nearly with run&gun tactics when playing with easy difficulty.

I don?t remember how H&DD?s the command system works, but if you are familiar of some tactics (like this one (even though I borrowed it from BiA): One heavy weapon and rifleman\sniper gives support, while my CQB soldier and myself try to flank the target if possible) from real life, or from H&D2, you should try them in H&DD.

They may work more or less well.
Even the defeated pretend to elevate their wisdom and words