H&D Deluxe; the ultimate mod; Mission overhauls Part 2

Discuss your upcoming modding & editing projects here or shout out some ideas.
Cukoloda
Private

Re: H&D Deluxe; the ultimate mod; Mission overhauls Part 2

Unread post by Cukoloda » Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:28 am

p.jakub88 wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:48 am
Cukoloda wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:44 pm
heyy first of all i want to thank you all guys for making this game alive all those years especially our modders who are making something even developers back then couldnt I was shocked when i saw how alive is community for a game that is almost 30 years old

well yesterday i downloaded "ultimate mod" from moddb and it was amaizing i must say, but i noticed something, I saw before here on forum that individual faces of soldiers are big deal and fixing them would be game changer so I noticed that when you start mission all soldiers have the same face, face from one of 4 soldiers you pick, but I played a little bit with cheats and cheat "fullhands" so I gave every soldier different uniform and boom, every soldier had their individual face here is pic of it https://ibb.co/5YMBgdS (idk how to upload pic directly here haha :') ),

so I tought (first of all im not modder or anything haha just some basic knowledge of game design, so please dont be hard on me if i say something stupid hahaha) so i tought maybe if you could somehow make the copy of same model and uniform and give them different names, for example idk "sasuniformyugoslavia1" "sasuniformyugoslavia2" and make 4 of for every player soldier and give them to every soldier on the start of mission, would that change anything or would that fix "faces problem"

That was just my suggestion i would try it myself but i dont know how haha, sorry if i'm posting this on wrong thread, and im sorry if you already noticed it so im just wasting your time, i just wanted to share this with you, all good my fellow sas warriors lets make this legend come back to life haha
Thank You for your feedback! thup01

Actually you was right about your discovery about how to fix the non-unique SAS soldier faces issue, but that fix unfortunately has some limitations (i checked today). If you dress up as a civilian / German soldier or you want to dress back from your disguise to original SAS uniform the soldiers faces are again identical. Maybe eventually we will find a fix for that too, who knows. Anyway, good observation i didn't know that solution myself! ;)
soo you tried creating more same uniforms with different names and it worked, did soldiers had their own face then?

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:23 pm

Cukoloda wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:28 am
p.jakub88 wrote:
Cukoloda wrote:
heyy first of all i want to thank you all guys for making this game alive all those years especially our modders who are making something even developers back then couldnt I was shocked when i saw how alive is community for a game that is almost 30 years old

well yesterday i downloaded "ultimate mod" from moddb and it was amaizing i must say, but i noticed something, I saw before here on forum that individual faces of soldiers are big deal and fixing them would be game changer so I noticed that when you start mission all soldiers have the same face, face from one of 4 soldiers you pick, but I played a little bit with cheats and cheat "fullhands" so I gave every soldier different uniform and boom, every soldier had their individual face here is pic of it https://ibb.co/5YMBgdS (idk how to upload pic directly here haha :') ),

so I tought (first of all im not modder or anything haha just some basic knowledge of game design, so please dont be hard on me if i say something stupid hahaha) so i tought maybe if you could somehow make the copy of same model and uniform and give them different names, for example idk "sasuniformyugoslavia1" "sasuniformyugoslavia2" and make 4 of for every player soldier and give them to every soldier on the start of mission, would that change anything or would that fix "faces problem"

That was just my suggestion i would try it myself but i dont know how haha, sorry if i'm posting this on wrong thread, and im sorry if you already noticed it so im just wasting your time, i just wanted to share this with you, all good my fellow sas warriors lets make this legend come back to life haha

Actually you was right about your discovery about how to fix the non-unique SAS soldier faces issue, but that fix unfortunately has some limitations (i checked today). If you dress up as a civilian / German soldier or you want to dress back from your disguise to original SAS uniform the soldiers faces are again identical. Maybe eventually we will find a fix for that too, who knows. Anyway, good observation i didn't know that solution myself! ;)
soo you tried creating more same uniforms with different names and it worked, did soldiers had their own face then?
Yes, they had - much to my surprise. Even when they started the mission dressed in enemy uniforms (like in Germany 6). However, i don't know what will happen if only one of them starts the mission dressed in enemy uniform while the others still in SAS ones (like in Poland 1). There are few things that still need to be tested.

P.S. If you want to continue discussion how to restore unique SAS soldiers faces please head here: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=38005&start=15 or create a new forum thread. Currently its a bit off-topic posting it here. Thanks!
"Who Dares Wins" - SAS motto.

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Fri May 03, 2024 7:18 am

Cukoloda wrote:

I sincerely want to thank you for going through the trouble of creating a profile and giving us your feedback. It's something I've been hoping and waiting to see for the last 8 years.

I wanted EVERYONE to jump in on this grand endeavor.
And the current result is FAR MORE massive than I ever imagined. Thank Jakub for that.

The original idea came to me a simple balancing of the weapons weights, so that there was consistency between the vanilla game and the expansion pack missions. As well as vehicle and weapon sight consistency. 😎

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Fri May 03, 2024 7:19 am

p.jakub88 wrote:
Cukoloda wrote:

So, it can be fixed if the men have different uniforms? 🤔

Maybe if two soldiers had one type of uniform, and the other two had another?

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Fri May 03, 2024 7:20 am

p.jakub88 wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:23 pm
Cukoloda wrote:
p.jakub88 wrote:

Yes, they had - much to my surprise. Even when they started the mission dressed in enemy uniforms (like in Germany 6). However, i don't know what will happen if only one of them starts the mission dressed in enemy uniform while the others still in SAS ones (like in Poland 1). There are few things that still need to be tested.

P.S. If you want to continue discussion how to restore unique SAS soldiers faces please head here: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=38005&start=15 or create a new forum thread. Currently its a bit off-topic posting it here. Thanks!
Ah crap, you already answered. 😅

Cukoloda
Private

Unread post by Cukoloda » Fri May 03, 2024 8:53 am

Myron wrote:
Fri May 03, 2024 7:20 am
p.jakub88 wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:23 pm
Cukoloda wrote:

Ah crap, you already answered. 😅
hahahha yees, actually jakub already fixed it, here you can read our conversation

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=38005&start=30

yeaa hahha i wanted to play this old gangster again so i found this forum and i was shocked how active community for this game still is, i remember when h&d came out it was banger haha as kid i literally knew where every soldier is placed, this game just have something what brings you back from time to time, someone who havent played it in childhood cant understand us haha

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Fri May 03, 2024 11:26 am

Cukoloda wrote:
Fri May 03, 2024 8:53 am

hahahha yees, actually jakub already fixed it, here you can read our conversation

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=38005&start=30

yeaa hahha i wanted to play this old gangster again so i found this forum and i was shocked how active community for this game still is, i remember when h&d came out it was banger haha as kid i literally knew where every soldier is placed, this game just have something what brings you back from time to time, someone who havent played it in childhood cant understand us haha
Heh heh, well Jakub saw to it that our childhood memories of where everyone is now completely irrelevant. 😅

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Fri May 03, 2024 11:30 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ln9SO4KCXQg

I would be honored if you would hit the Like button on all my videos. 😇