H&D Deluxe; the ultimate mod; Mission overhauls

Discuss your upcoming modding & editing projects here or shout out some ideas.
p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Re: H&D Deluxe; the ultimate mod; Mission overhauls

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:38 am

OK, i edited again the Greece 1 mission. thup01

I edited all enemy MGs, to have more realistic max turn angle in all 4 directions (up, down, left,and right).

I checked also the collision of the terrain along the river. No shots could get pass through it anymore.

Please download and test this mission again. Thank you for pointing this bug out, i didn't know about this.
Attachments
greece1.rar
Updated 11.10.2017
(1.03 MiB) Downloaded 296 times
"Who Dares Wins" - SAS motto.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:00 pm

OK, i edited the Prague 2 mission once more. thup01

Beside already implemented changes i made new ones.

I re-organized all 3 groups of attacking Russians.

You could actually save some Russian soldiers from being killed by Germans.

You will have 2 minutes, before the Russian group nearest you commence their attack. The biggest threat for them would be a MG nest - the first German position, that you will encounter on the approach to the airfield from the mission spawn point. See pictures below.

Each attacking group of Russians has a slightly different objectives to fulfill, however all of them will finally head toward the control tower in order to seize it. :grin:
Attachments
prague2.rar
Updated 11.10.2017
(753.56 KiB) Downloaded 300 times
second MG nest.JPG
second MG nest.JPG (111.9 KiB) Viewed 13896 times
first MG nest.JPG
first MG nest.JPG (115.67 KiB) Viewed 13896 times

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:29 pm

In Prague 2, the instructor mentions an AA position whose garrison status is unknown; that position is unreachable because of that "invisible barrier", would you change that?

I've noticed something; if I merely open HDD Editor, I change stuff. Example, I opened Ardennes 2 up to see what happens to the Americans, and after I closed it, I started the game to play it, and the Panther off to the left, with it's accompanying men started heading into the forest to get stuck.

I had to delete Ardennes 2 and download it again from you to fix this; weird.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:35 pm

Myron wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:29 pm
In Prague 2, the instructor mentions an AA position whose garrison status is unknown; that position is unreachable because of that "invisible barrier", would you change that?

Well, i will think about this. It will require to add collision to terrain previously inaccessible and to those "trees" seen in the distance. It will be a lot of work.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:37 pm

Myron wrote:
I've noticed something; if I merely open HDD Editor, I change stuff. Example, I opened Ardennes 2 up to see what happens to the Americans, and after I closed it, I started the game to play it, and the Panther off to the left, with it's accompanying men started heading into the forest to get stuck.
I had to delete Ardennes 2 and download it again from you to fix this; weird.

If you don't know what you are precisely doing don't use the HDD editor! It is not an easy tool for someone who has no experience with using it.

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:38 pm

p.jakub88 wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:37 pm
If you don't know what you are precisely doing don't use the HDD editor! It is not an easy tool for someone who has no experience with using it.
Forgive me Jakub, I've been a very bad boy. :oops:

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:43 pm

Prague 2 suggestion

You know how in various locations, there are Germans inside the buildings who will not exit until an SAS commando trips a censor? I was wondering if you could remove all censors, and have ALL Germans outside from the start. We're in the middle of a battle, they shouldn't be inside.

Same with the Germans reinforcing the tower, they should spawn already on the building top, fortifying it.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:02 pm

Myron wrote:

OK, i edited the Prague 2 mission once again. thup01

Beside the already implemented changes i made a new one.

Now, almost the whole mission area is accessible! I hope, that i assigned collisions properly, so the SAS commandos will not fall outside the map, lol.

Below i uploaded the modified Prague 2 mission. Please download and test it.

You will also need to download the models.mod.rar archive that is containing the forest model. Unpack the models.mod folder from this archive into your main H&D Deluxe directory. This is important!

Some time ago, i transformed a forest visual into an usable forest model using 3ds Max. :grin:
Attachments
models.mod.rar
Unpack it to your main H&D Deluxe directory.
(487 Bytes) Downloaded 303 times
prague2.rar
Updated 12.10.2017
(758.36 KiB) Downloaded 299 times
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:05 pm

Myron wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:43 pm
Prague 2 suggestion

You know how in various locations, there are Germans inside the buildings who will not exit until an SAS commando trips a censor? I was wondering if you could remove all censors, and have ALL Germans outside from the start. We're in the middle of a battle, they shouldn't be inside.

Same with the Germans reinforcing the tower, they should spawn already on the building top, fortifying it.

That is how this suppose to work and we aren't exactly in the middle of a battle, because one group of Russian soldiers will actually start their attack after 2 minutes - to give you a chance to save some of them. I noticed, that you like to be a hero in H&D Deluxe, lol. If all the Germans spawn at once at the mission beginning, the Russian assault on the airfield would be a total disaster. You will explain the failure of the attack to comrade Stalin, lol.

I am not planning any other changes in the Prague 2 mission, beside the ones that i already made for you - unless significant bugs will be found.
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:53 am, edited 2 times in total.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:17 pm

It is already 1:15 a.m. here in Poland, so i will go sleep. Please let me know later, if all those changes in Prague 2 works well.

I would like to know also about the modified Greece 1 and Ardennes 3 missions, because i updated them recently.

You also didn't give me a full feedback about the recently modified Prague 1 mission.

See you tomorrow! Good night! sleep01

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:06 am

Prague 1 update
Did you delete the Germans guarding the crater? I can't find them.
Good Job making the Russians delay their attack for 1-2 minutes. They managed to liberate the front of the church.
There seem to be far fewer Germans guarding the hill, and fewer Russians attacking it.

Prague 2 update
Still no Russians coming from the South-East, as the instructions say.

There are Russians coming from the East, the ones you made up. And thank you for delaying them. Was their rendezvous point the first AA position?

You haven't delayed the ones coming from the South-West; all got slaughtered, every single time.
The ones coming from the West faired very little better. They usually manage to liberate the closest AA position before they too all get slaughtered. Double the ones coming from the West, and have the extras go down the road instead of around the fence.

Add one or two of your new T-34s, and they attack from the West as well. To counter them, you can add a panzerfaust team near the AA positions.

Now, near the tower, there are two MG towers that are unmanned. They face the "cardboard cutout" town in the North. Man them, and then have a bunch of partisans attack the control tower from that dirt road that leads to that town.

Thank you for making the abandoned AA position accessible.
Should the intact BF109 be left intact for a museum, or should we declare it a threat and destroy it?

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:09 am

Another thing about Greece 1, that campfire, what is it's fuel? Did the partisans tap a gas-pipe?

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:17 am

Myron wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:06 am
Prague 1 update
Did you delete the Germans guarding the crater? I can't find them.
There seem to be far fewer Germans guarding the hill, and fewer Russians attacking it.

Yes, i deleted the Germans that guarded the crater - otherwise the Russians that attacked through the bridge would be massacred and you won't help them.

Yes, i removed some Germans from the hill.

No, the number of Russian soldiers attacking the hill is the same.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:21 am

Myron wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:06 am

Prague 2 update
Still no Russians coming from the South-East, as the instructions say.

There are Russians coming from the East, the ones you made up. And thank you for delaying them. Was their rendezvous point the first AA position?

You haven't delayed the ones coming from the South-West; all got slaughtered, every single time.
The ones coming from the West faired very little better. They usually manage to liberate the closest AA position before they too all get slaughtered. Double the ones coming from the West, and have the extras go down the road instead of around the fence.

Add one or two of your new T-34s, and they attack from the West as well. To counter them, you can add a panzerfaust team near the AA positions.

Now, near the tower, there are two MG towers that are unmanned. They face the "cardboard cutout" town in the North. Man them, and then have a bunch of partisans attack the control tower from that dirt road that leads to that town.

Should the intact BF109 be left intact for a museum, or should we declare it a threat and destroy it?

The rendezvous point for the Russian group nearest you is the first AA guns position. If the Russians survive, they will try to reach the control tower.

I won't add T-34 tanks, because the Germans have no anti-tank defenses. Panzerfaust hasn't got a range of a T-34 tank cannon, lol.

The Luftwaffe at that time wasn't longer a threat, so i see no reason to make a new objective to blow up all German planes found in the hangars.

You certainly, didn't read my previous post, where i wrote that i am not planning any further updates of Prague 2 mission. :roll:

However, i will think about adding another group of attacking Russian infantry from the South-East direction, just like the instructor said.
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:37 am

Myron wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:09 am
Another thing about Greece 1, that campfire, what is it's fuel? Did the partisans tap a gas-pipe?

You didn't answer my question: did i manage to fix the problem with shots passing through terrain (solid rock)?