Sea wolves - a H&D Deluxe mission add-on

Discuss your upcoming modding & editing projects here or shout out some ideas.
p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Sea wolves - a H&D Deluxe mission add-on

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:11 pm

Hello everyone,

i would like to share with you my thirtieth-three created mission add-on for Hidden and Dangerous Deluxe, it is called "Sea wolves".

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS

Unpack all the rar archives into your H&D Deluxe data folder (i.e.: C:\Program Files\Take2\Hidden and Dangerous Deluxe\data) and replace data.dta with the new one. The mission add-on is a file with *.add extension. Start the game, choose play add-on and select "Sea wolves" from the menu.

MISSION BRIEFING

There is a German cruiser moored near the Norwegian coast, which will be a serious threat to our sea convoys on route to Murmansk in future. Now most of the ship's crew is on leave, so it is a good moment to attack. Our objectives are to place time-bomb with Amatol at the bridge near the steering wheel, blow up enemy radio in the radio operator's room (Funkraum) and place the last time-bomb with Amatol in the middle of the main ammunition store(Hauptmagazin Munition). Then we need to return to the pontoon going down the rope. Few enemy sailors will be on the night watch outside the ship, while the rest will be inside in various rooms. Good luck!

CREDITS

To NilsZ for providing info about creating destroyable models in 3ds max.

IMPORTANT INFO

To successfully fulfill the mission objectives You will need to equip 2 time-bombs with Amatol and place them in appropriate spots (mentioned in the mission briefing). I created a new inventory item called "Time-bomb with amatol", so equip it for this mission. The radio in the radio operator's room could be destroyed by shooting at it. To get to the ship's deck You will need to climb up along the ship's side just like using ladder (there are 2 ropes dropped that are connecting the ship and the pontoon below).

REQUEST FOR FEEDBACK

If you downloaded my mission add-on please give me your feedback. I am waiting your comment. :grin:

IMPORTANT UPDATE

I re-uploaded the data.rar file once again. It seems, that there were some files missing inside the data.dta archive preventing from launching the game. I apologize for that.
Attachments
Sea wolves.rar
Updated version 10.11.2017
(1.8 MiB) Downloaded 509 times
data.rar
Updated version 10.11.2017
(2.23 MiB) Downloaded 474 times
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:56 pm, edited 13 times in total.
"Who Dares Wins" - SAS motto.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Re: Sea wolves - a H&D Deluxe mission add-on

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:11 pm

Below i posted 1 image from the "Sea wolves" mission add-on.
Attachments
sea wolves.jpg
sea wolves.jpg (22.47 KiB) Viewed 38016 times

Bielow
Private

Unread post by Bielow » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:40 am

I founded one bug.
I can't place amatol bomb at the bridge or in the ammunition storage cause it looks like that tool - amatol bomb didn't work.
Would you kindly to look into it? I'm choosing amatol bomb from inventory but when I'm trying to use it it didn't work.
The soldier makes the move as if he wanted to put a bomb but did not put it. And additionally it does not disappear also from the inventory.

Bielow

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:20 am

Bielow wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:40 am
I founded one bug.
I can't place amatol bomb at the bridge or in the ammunition storage cause it looks like that tool - amatol bomb didn't work.
Would you kindly to look into it? I'm choosing amatol bomb from inventory but when I'm trying to use it it didn't work.
The soldier makes the move as if he wanted to put a bomb but did not put it. And additionally it does not disappear also from the inventory.

Bielow

Hello,

well i played again this mission and i actually completed it without problems.

You need first to select the time-bomb with Amatol from the inventory while playing the mission, then press and hold ENTER (by default) and release the key - this way the bomb will be placed on the ground. There should be a "hand" icon turned down. The time-bomb with Amatol is actually a dummy - it cannot explodes. I made this for purpose - making a whole ship a destroyable model would be almost impossible.

I also re-uploaded the mission again, in case that there was something wrong with it. Please download it again.

See picture below.
Attachments
Second bomb placed.JPG
Second bomb placed. Time to get back to pontoon!
Second bomb placed.JPG (88.74 KiB) Viewed 37742 times
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bielow
Private

Unread post by Bielow » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:15 pm

Now it works - previous I couldn't place bomb.. maybe it's something with my version. I'll make a fresh version of HDD today :)
Mission finished :) Nice one - especially with that ropes to climb into ship. I really enjoyed fighting with german kriegsmarine sailors :)

Bielow

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:24 pm

Bielow wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:15 pm
Now it works - previous I couldn't place bomb.. maybe it's something with my version. I'll make a fresh version of HDD today :)
Mission finished :) Nice one - especially with that ropes to climb into ship. I really enjoyed fighting with german kriegsmarine sailors :)

Bielow

Hello Bielow,

nice to hear that. The Kriegsmarine sailor and officer uniforms were made by myself. :grin:

The ropes work in the same way as a standard ladder in H&D Deluxe.
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:56 pm

Do I have to change my Data, or is the Data for the Matilda Tank the ok for this mission?

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:32 pm

Myron wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:56 pm
Do I have to change my Data, or is the Data for the Matilda Tank the ok for this mission?
Now ALL my add-ons should work fine with the same data.dta archive version! (the one uploaded in "The road to Mandalay" add-on thread). thup01
https://hidden-and-dangerous.net/board/ ... 27&t=43596

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:58 am

So Myron, did you play my "Sea wolves" add-on? I am asking, because i noticed that someone downloaded this add-on recently.

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:32 am

p.jakub88 wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:58 am
So Myron, did you play my "Sea wolves" add-on? I am asking, because i noticed that someone downloaded this add-on recently.
I did.

I shot the radio, and it went black, no "complete" was given.

I didn't see any special bombs in the weapons selections, so I packed regular time-bombs. Placed one where the ammo was consolidated, no complete was given. Placed another where the steering wheel was, and again, no complete was given. :-?

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:40 am

Myron wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:32 am
p.jakub88 wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:58 am
I did.

I shot the radio, and it went black, no "complete" was given.

I didn't see any special bombs in the weapons selections, so I packed regular time-bombs. Placed one where the ammo was consolidated, no complete was given. Placed another where the steering wheel was, and again, no complete was given. :-?
See pictures below.

I tested this mission and everything was OK.

You need to use the new item called "Time-bomb with Amatol". Placing stock time-bomb is pointless (you would know that, if you read the "IMPORTANT INFO" section written in the first post more carefully). :roll:

You need first to select the time-bomb with Amatol from the inventory while playing the mission, then press and hold ENTER (by default) and release the key - this way the bomb will be placed on the ground. There should be a "hand" icon turned down. The time-bomb with Amatol is actually a dummy - it cannot explodes. I made this for purpose - making a whole ship a destroyable model would be almost impossible.

Remember to fulfill the mission objectives in correct order! :!:

I wonder, what you will say next after seeing all those pictures below... :roll:
Attachments
Team setup before mission.JPG
Team setup before mission.JPG (100.47 KiB) Viewed 37577 times
actual mission.JPG
actual mission.JPG (26 KiB) Viewed 37577 times
Time-bomb with Amatol.JPG
Time-bomb with Amatol.JPG (102.8 KiB) Viewed 37580 times
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:27 am, edited 2 times in total.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:17 am

Below i posted 2 pictures from the "Sea wolves" add-on.

As you could see, the radio could be destroyed and the objective is completed (i blew it up using Sten).

In addition, i placed both time-bombs with Amatol in appropriate spots (the first one at the bridge and the second one in the main ammunition storage room).

Like i said, the mission objectives need to be fulfilled in correct order (from 1 to 4).

So, the final objective would be to return to pontoon.

By the way, the forum user Bielow finished this add-on earlier, so you see that it is actually working (if you don't believe me personally):

"Now it works - previous I couldn't place bomb.. maybe it's something with my version. I'll make a fresh version of HDD today :)

Bielow
"

You Myron surely plays my H&D Deluxe add-ons in a very strange way, LOL.
Attachments
radio destroyed.JPG
radio destroyed.JPG (89.58 KiB) Viewed 37568 times
bomb placed in ammunition store.JPG
bomb placed in ammunition store.JPG (83.63 KiB) Viewed 37568 times
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:33 am

Uh huh, yes, I knew what you meant.

But in the Campaign weapon loadout, there is no "Time-bomb with Amatol", and yes, I have the Add-On Data installed. I am not a dumb-butt.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:38 am

Myron wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:33 am
Uh huh, yes, I knew what you meant.

But in the Campaign weapon loadout, there is no "Time-bomb with Amatol", and yes, I have the Add-On Data installed. I am not a dumb-butt.

OK, i re-uploaded the data.dta archive and the add-on again - in case that there was something wrong with them earlier (i highly doubt that).

I used both those files. I recently played this add-on (few minutes ago) on my Windows XP laptop and i made those pictures seen above.

Maybe something went wrong on your PC during the replacing of different data.dta archives?
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:44 pm

I recently tested the "Sea wolves" add-on on different PC with Windows 10 OS (32-bit) and the "Time-bomb with Amatol" item could be equipped into the mission. I am afraid, that there is probably something wrong on your side. I have no idea, why you have this problem.

Please let me know, if you manage to fix the problem. Thank you in advance!