Viper's Nest - a H&D Deluxe mission add-on

Discuss your upcoming modding & editing projects here or shout out some ideas.
p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Viper's Nest - a H&D Deluxe mission add-on

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:29 am

Hello everyone,

i would like to share with you my sixth created mission add-on for Hidden and Dangerous Deluxe, it is called "Viper's Nest".

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS

Unpack all the rar archives into your H&D Deluxe data folder (i.e.: C:\Program Files\Take2\Hidden and Dangerous Deluxe\data) and replace the data.dta and models.dta with the new one. The mission add-on is a file with *.add extension. Start the game and choose play add-on and select "Viper's nest" from the menu.

MISSION BRIEFING

Our objective is to eliminate the German commanding officer of a hydroplane base located inside a giant cliff. We could find him in one of the rooms in the lower floor of the base. The base is well guarded, watch out for enemy patrols and garrisoned troops. Good luck!

REQUEST FOR FEEDBACK

If you downloaded my mission add-on please give me your feedback. I am waiting your comment. :grin:
Attachments
data.rar
(556.9 KiB) Downloaded 566 times
Viper's Nest.rar
(1.33 MiB) Downloaded 593 times
models.rar
(1.77 MiB) Downloaded 545 times
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Tue May 23, 2017 1:47 pm, edited 6 times in total.
"Who Dares Wins" - SAS motto.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Re: Viper's Nest - a Hidden & Dangerous Deluxe mission add-o

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:23 am

Below i posted 1 image from "Viper's Nest" mission add-on.
Attachments
Shot 3.jpg
Shot 3.jpg (58.79 KiB) Viewed 7851 times

Bielow
Private

Re: Viper's Nest - a H&D Deluxe mission add-on

Unread post by Bielow » Tue May 23, 2017 1:50 pm

Nicely done. I finished it. I really enjoyed MG nest on the bridge.
Position of german officer was suprise to me - I run to old position of Kostakipulos - to the kitchen ;)
I was suprised when I meet only ... empty room :)
Bielow

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Re: Viper's Nest - a H&D Deluxe mission add-on

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Tue May 23, 2017 1:55 pm

Bielow wrote:
Tue May 23, 2017 1:50 pm
Nicely done. I finished it. I really enjoyed MG nest on the bridge.
Position of german officer was suprise to me - I run to old position of Kostakipulos - to the kitchen ;)
I was suprised when I meet only ... empty room :)
Bielow
Hello Bielow,

thank You very much for Your feedback! I really appreciate it. :grin:

As You propably know i used the default map from the 4th mission of the Greek campaign of H&D Deluxe with some changes. In the default mission the Kostakipulos is hidden behind armored steel doors, which need to be blown up in order to kill him. I decided to put the German oficer in different place close to the map on the wall.

This is one of my first ever made add-ons for H&D Deluxe, before i learned how to create and put into missions new models, textures, sounds and terrain. There is another mission add-on made by myself which took place on the same map - it is called "The guns of Navarone". It is a far better mission in my opinion and based on the war film of the same title.

I highly recommend my other mission add-ons, some of them organized into separate campaigns in Germany, France, Italy and Norway.
It took a lot of time and testing to create them. However, hardly anyone from the people who downloaded my add-ons gave me feedback, so there could be some small bugs like in the original game. I tested all my mission and campaign add-ons before uploading. I am open to any suggestions, ideas and constructive criticism.