H&D Deluxe, the ultimate mod: Soldiers.

Discuss your upcoming modding & editing projects here or shout out some ideas.
p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Re: H&D Deluxe, the ultimate mod: Soldiers.

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:04 pm

Cukoloda wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:52 pm
you said that " i don't know what will happen if only one of them starts the mission dressed in enemy uniform while the others still in SAS ones (like in Poland 1)" i think it should work as long as they got the different models of uniform because i think that when they all got the same model of uniform for example when they all have that "sasuniform1" the game automatically recognize this as one model and give them one texture like usually games do, but when you make more models of that uniform, game doesnt recognize it as one model but instead it thinks there are separated different models and gave each one of them belonging texture,

haha i really hope we finally got this thing to work, i mean you guys, im here just talking and doing nothing (bcs i dont know shit about modding :( ) while you doing all the work and im very grateful on that hahah

i really hope we are onto something here
Well, meanwhile i checked that too. In Poland 1 for example despite only one player being dressed as a German officer while others still in SAS ones, unique faces worked for all 4 of them (the same in Norway 4)!

The problem starts when you i.e. use a disguise or after using disguise dressing back to SAS uniform like i said before. I didn't figure how to fix that out yet. Probably editing inventory table items list will be needed (making 4 versions of the same enemy uniform model). Still so far there are only 2 missions (Danube 2 and Norway 4) where we need to dress as enemy to complete the mission (although only in Danube 2 this is really mandatory, since you can finish Norway 4 with only one teammate).

So, you don't need to say that you don't know how to mod, because it was also very hard for me to start (when i first opened Insanity Editor or 3ds Max i was shocked). Besides you already helped a lot to fix the faces bug. ;)
"Who Dares Wins" - SAS motto.

Cukoloda
Private

Unread post by Cukoloda » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:16 pm

yeaa and dont forget that mission in yugoslavia where you need to dress as civilian (if you want you could go rambo style also) haha, well yea i noticed that in inventory the biggest problem with uniforms is that many of them have the same icon while you scroll through the inventory, and its easy to get confused because at one point i got i think 2 woodland uniforms in inventory and i was so confused which one is which, so myb if you could change that icon in inventory for every model maybe that would help you a little idk haha, at least write something on every icon so you dont get lost in all those uniforms as me haha

yeaa i remeber once time when i tried insanity editor and yea ive got the same reaction hahaha, i admire those developers on those old engines for making games they really needed to know a lot about game design in the time when internet and ai werent the thing haha

Cukoloda
Private

Unread post by Cukoloda » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:21 pm

btw im also from the country which was in yugoslavia before it colapsed so if you needed some help and have question about history and war here, im happy to help. My grand grandfather was in ww2 here in one croatian unit so i can give you some information about it all haha

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:04 pm

Cukoloda wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:38 pm
heyy so ill repost my answer here haha yea sorry i didnt see this thread before, so what i wrote before is that i found out something else again haha, i think that fix should work but inventory in this game is little bit confusing or sorting things in it, because i tried to give every of 4 soldiers different uniform again like i said before, one got woodland one got that navy one, one got green one and they got all their faces like i said before and then i gave them all different civil uniform because if you look in cheat fullhand there are 4 different civil uniforms i think developers did 4 kind of that civi uniform just because of faces but they give up trying to fix to, so with all 4 soldiers with 4 different civil uniform faces still remain different and when i wore them in their uniforms back their faces still remain, i think the biggest problem is somewhere there in uniforms and something there is messed up, even if you look there are 4 kinds of german uniform i think developers also did that on purpose, so myb if you have time of course, maybe you could play a little bit with making 4 uniforms of same kind like i said before and somehow separate them and make every soldier got one idk, hahaha im sorry if im boring
You was right! For testing i made 4 new different entries in the inventory table regarding the same uniform type hanging in the Danube 2 mission (in my mod a German one, original model name german2.i3d ) and implemented it into the mission itself. Now when my teammates used those uniforms, each of the soldier had an unique face. :grin:

So, implementing unique SAS soldiers faces using that method would be time consuming, but doable. It will require to edit each campaign mission (and addons) plus edit the inventory table items (new entries for all usable uniforms). I will try to do all of that unless there is a better method.

Cukoloda
Private

Unread post by Cukoloda » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:45 pm

p.jakub88 wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:04 pm
Cukoloda wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:38 pm
heyy so ill repost my answer here haha yea sorry i didnt see this thread before, so what i wrote before is that i found out something else again haha, i think that fix should work but inventory in this game is little bit confusing or sorting things in it, because i tried to give every of 4 soldiers different uniform again like i said before, one got woodland one got that navy one, one got green one and they got all their faces like i said before and then i gave them all different civil uniform because if you look in cheat fullhand there are 4 different civil uniforms i think developers did 4 kind of that civi uniform just because of faces but they give up trying to fix to, so with all 4 soldiers with 4 different civil uniform faces still remain different and when i wore them in their uniforms back their faces still remain, i think the biggest problem is somewhere there in uniforms and something there is messed up, even if you look there are 4 kinds of german uniform i think developers also did that on purpose, so myb if you have time of course, maybe you could play a little bit with making 4 uniforms of same kind like i said before and somehow separate them and make every soldier got one idk, hahaha im sorry if im boring
You was right! For testing i made 4 new different entries in the inventory table regarding the same uniform type hanging in the Danube 2 mission (in my mod a German one, original model name german2.i3d ) and implemented it into the mission itself. Now when my teammates used those uniforms, each of the soldier had an unique face. :grin:

So, implementing unique SAS soldiers faces using that method would be time consuming, but doable. It will require to edit each campaign mission (and addons) plus edit the inventory table items (new entries for all usable uniforms). I will try to do all of that unless there is a better method.
WOOHOO! hahah nice to hear that, finally unique faces on every soldier, im soo glad i could to help you, and of course if i can do anything to help you finish it faster just say im here, btw thank you on your time and reading all of those messages hahaha

Cukoloda
Private

Unread post by Cukoloda » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:47 pm

i just dont get what developers did to mess it up like that, i really would like to speak with someone who was working on developing of h&d haha

Cukoloda
Private

Unread post by Cukoloda » Thu May 02, 2024 1:44 pm

how is it going so far :grin:

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Thu May 02, 2024 2:56 pm

Cukoloda wrote:
Thu May 02, 2024 1:44 pm
how is it going so far :grin:
Work in progress. I need also to do some in-game testing before official release on ModDB. I am a bit skeptical that this would be that easy. ;)

Cukoloda
Private

Unread post by Cukoloda » Thu May 02, 2024 3:08 pm

nice to hear, wish you all of luck and thank you for bringing this childhood legend back to life haha :lol:

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Thu May 02, 2024 9:42 pm

So, a while ago i updated my mod on ModDB adding unique SAS soldiers faces into campaigns. I plan to do the same for my addons if possible.

Download link: https://www.moddb.com/mods/hd-deluxe-ul ... imate-mod1

Enjoy! :grin:

P.S. @Cukoloda - i added you to Special thanks section in the mod description / Readme. ;)

Cukoloda
Private

Unread post by Cukoloda » Thu May 02, 2024 10:40 pm

p.jakub88 wrote:
Thu May 02, 2024 9:42 pm
So, a while ago i updated my mod on ModDB adding unique SAS soldiers faces into campaigns. I plan to do the same for my addons if possible.

P.S. @Cukoloda - i added you to Special thanks section in the mod description / Readme. ;)
Woww you really did it fast, thank you for letting me be part of this haha, im downloading it atm, can't wait to try it! :grin: :grin:

Cukoloda
Private

Unread post by Cukoloda » Thu May 02, 2024 11:23 pm

p.jakub88 wrote:
Thu May 02, 2024 9:42 pm

Yea its amaizing haha just played it and almost finished italy campaign, i like your mod soo much bcs everything is new haha no more just one guy on bridge and two from house in italy1 hahah that guard tower scared me actually
Buttt, i have onee little question haha, if im asking for too much its okay I undestand, I alredy took a lot of your time, but if you could maybee,

could you make mod like this what Nilsz already did https://www.moddb.com/mods/hidden-and-d ... a-extended or just edit this mod from nilsz if he agree, it is all vanilla but have some stuff from extended but almost everything else is original, its almost same like yours and it also have that same bug with faces and when i change uniform there, faces are fixed, it just needs those models and edit in missions

Sorry maybe im a little bit rude for asking this, I really appriciate your work, and ill finish campaign with your mod too, haha but i would like, just for my soul and for warm up bcs i didnt play this banger for a years haha to play original game but with those faces fixed

I say again I appriciate your work and Ill understand if im asking for too much with this

NilsZ
Major

Unread post by NilsZ » Fri May 03, 2024 9:29 pm

Cukoloda wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:47 pm
i just dont get what developers did to mess it up like that, i really would like to speak with someone who was working on developing of h&d haha
Well, it has only technical background.

In classic H&D the human bodies are build up with meshes for each body part. The face mesh just changes the texture when the human is activated.
In H&D Deluxe the whole body is only one mesh with bone segements. That implementation must have been a lot of work compared to the texture change. I can't explain why the face loading wasn't made by the devs.
Anyway i enabled the face loading and adapted the code to the new mesh. The problem now is that I have to create a custom bone-mesh, sadly this crashes the game at the moment. The renderer loads a model in cache and copies it including textures, thats why we have only the same texture per model.
As soon as the runtime creation of bone-meshes will work the face bug is fixed. Until now i couldn't figure out how.

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Sun May 05, 2024 11:23 pm

I think he's surrounded. LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6iNy8HLKyg

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Tue May 14, 2024 7:06 pm

Okay, I need the link and step-by-step instructions. Without precision, I often get lost. 😅