Africa 1,burma 1,alps 1, coop maps, downloaded, won't launch

Experiencing a technical issue or bug with Hidden & Dangerous 2, discuss it here and ask for help.
BOG
Private

Unread post by BOG » Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:00 pm

Can anybody help with this problem I have downloaded these three maps, and I think installed them correctly. I have arctic 2 coop downloaded and it is working in the server mode. I have modified the maplist to accomodate these maps, and installed the games in h&d2 folder, and opened up the folders. Cannot get these games to launch as a server, africa 1, alps 1, burma 1, coop. Can anybody help?

Oldih
Global Moderator

Unread post by Oldih » Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:10 pm

Did you copy the folders in main directory of H&D2?
Even the defeated pretend to elevate their wisdom and words

BOG
Private

Africa1, burma 1, alps 1

Unread post by BOG » Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:47 am

Oldih, I downloaded the files, unzipped to h&d2 folder, that didn't work, so I opened the individual folders and set them up as arctic 2 was set up, no luck there either. I downloaded arctic2 and got it to work, I also have the original coop mappack loaded and they all work as a server, I wish these three games had a map installer as the coop mappack has. Any other suggestions? Lars refers to the h&d2 installation folder, do you know what that is? Or is it thwe h&d2 folder in c;program files? Any help would be appreciated. BOG

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:31 am

I despise the installers...
Lars refers to the h&d2 installation folder, do you know what that is? Or is it thwe h&d2 folder in c;program files?
Correct...

Can you play them on other servers? If you get booted when trying to join, then its the installation...

If you can play them, your mpmaplist is borked...

If you have msn messanger Id be happy to walk you through everything if your willing to learn...
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

BOG
Private

Africa1,alps1, burma1

Unread post by BOG » Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:02 pm

Cannot join these three games, so as you say it must be installation.Yes we have msn messenger on the other computer, I am always willing to learn, so if you can lead me through it I would be very grateful. BOG

Oldih
Global Moderator

Unread post by Oldih » Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:10 pm

Sounds very strange problem indeed..... and unfortunately, I do not have any clue what could cause it :(
Even the defeated pretend to elevate their wisdom and words

Lars
Commando

Unread post by Lars » Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:33 pm

With the maplist I sended you you should be able to start any installed map. Check again the structure of the folders in missions and scripts:
It would be the best if you would show us a screenshot of your hd2 directory where we can see where you have stored witch files

BOG
Private

Africa1,alps1,burma1 coop

Unread post by BOG » Sat Mar 18, 2006 2:54 am

With lars help , I have got these games to install correctly. So thanks to everyone, Now waiting for any new maps to come out.