Multiplayer Access To Games

Experiencing a technical issue or bug with Hidden & Dangerous 2, discuss it here and ask for help.
-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Re: Multiplayer Access To Games

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:09 pm

Are you putting in the correct port?
Grimples wrote:No more checking for random servers & see if Vits online.
Oh... and I started putting my server on the list when I put it up. So go ahead and check NMD. :mrgreen: I don't use the app though, I just use it as a browser and manually connect.
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

ShiningPanther
Private

Unread post by ShiningPanther » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:14 am

In my firewall there are aboute 50 ports forwarded... but server is running on 11001, and thats what we are putting in, if the program asks for it :/

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:25 am

You said you are trying to enter the IP manually within the game, right? It always asks for the port, that is where I was asking if you are entering the correct port. It should add the server to the list, at least that is the behavior I have been experiencing.
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

ShiningPanther
Private

Unread post by ShiningPanther » Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:10 pm

If i put in IP and port the game adds a new server but with no host name, no map, unknown style and i still cant connect, if that would work, there would be no problem :)
Other thing is that i can still connect to othere servers i have the ip of, but cant connect to my own ?!? Is this maybe because we got our server modded with some other maps? Game version modded also, so this cant be the problem, right?

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:58 pm

Just hit "refresh list" and the info will update... If you are seeing it then it shouldn't be a problem, but in the filters, the last one is for same version, do not check it to see other version servers. What do you mean by the version being modded?

ShiningPanther
Private

Unread post by ShiningPanther » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:01 pm

It wont load the server info, no matter if i press refresh or not :/ . We added some maps and changed some things whith which weapons are able to choose. Same version box isnt checked. But thank you for responding, maybe we will find a solution.
I meant "seeing" as it will add a new line in the favourite list wich will be fullfilled with "?" as the client cant load the server info.
Hvae to say i disabled ipv6 cause the server wouldnt work with this one, when server list still were online.

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:44 am

Doing that has nothing to do with changing the version. Yeah, I know, on my side I add the server and I get it all in question marks, refreshing the list and then clicking on the server 1, 2, 3 times puts the info there. Just make sure you do not click really fast, count Mississippi, before clicking again.

ShiningPanther
Private

Unread post by ShiningPanther » Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:55 am

Wont work for me, still got "connection problems"...

Oh and btw, could you tell me wich ports you have forwarded for your server?

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:59 am

DMZed on the server.

ShiningPanther
Private

Unread post by ShiningPanther » Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:38 pm

Hm found the problem, in my networking options, i have activated the hamachi thing again, i dont know how to call it and it set itself at the first place in the priorities. Now that it is deactivated again, it works :D thank you so fckin much :D i would never have looked that up^^

Marvin (hun)
Sergeant

Unread post by Marvin (hun) » Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:18 am

Hamachi is sh*t. Use Tunngle, That is working 100%.

Stern
Lieutenant

Unread post by Stern » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:32 am

This is helpful topic...
Has anyone some idea how to read out info from response to info request, sent to servers main port.
Its the "Game Info" displayed in multiplayer in-game menu.
Useful info might be: Difficulty, Lives, 3rd Person View and maybe something else also.
From empty server (with no players), i get nice response, and its clear how to read desired data, but when there's players connected, then the response is a mess, with some players names, but not all and this response is un-usable.

request is something like this (hex):

Code: Select all

00,02,B2,05,01,82,B0,E5,2A,A0,CF,D4,11,9E,1D,00,50,FC,21,3D,E6,01,00,00,00
Byte:

Code: Select all

178,5 part is mostly random and response consists the same number, maybe for some verification...

Last 3 zeros makes the response different (it asks different data to be sent back).

I made a program that displays servers info from Qtracker online server list, Custom list and HD2 favorites list.
It also has automatic refresh for selected server's info and have JoinServer function (with no HD2connector).
I would like to add some more info to basic info, this is why i was messing around wiht this.
Click Here !