server ips

This is for general discussion about Hidden & Dangerous 2, talk about what you liked or what you didn't like about the sequel. Talk about multiplayer games, setup matches etc.
pepsi_max2k
Private

server ips

Unread post by pepsi_max2k » Sat Oct 15, 2005 5:36 pm

erm.. i believe i posted this in 2 place, but never mind, maybe someone will answer this one.

but to start with: YAY i just got a copy of sabre squadron. bit late, i know, but never mind. now i have to figure out how to set up the controls again after reinstalling the whole game. and what's the latest patch i should be using?

back to the main topic: i'm unable to search for game servers (i won't go into the problem) so could someone be kind enough to post a couple of ip addresses for h&d2/ss servers in here. preferably something that wont dissapear before i've read any replies.
Last edited by pepsi_max2k on Sat Oct 15, 2005 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

server ips

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Sat Oct 15, 2005 7:58 pm

You need the 1.12 patch.. Make sure its the SS patch.. Should be like 79mb..

I believe you need to deal with the problem instead of getting around it.......
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

pepsi_max2k
Private

server ips

Unread post by pepsi_max2k » Sat Oct 15, 2005 8:28 pm

thanks.. .and.. huh? err... i just need some ip addresses, all it takes is a quick look and copy them down, surely someone can manage that :P as for solving the problem, the uni's got some thing going on where anything that looks like virusy traffic coming out a pc and you get kicked off the network for 30 minutes. apparently pinging a load of servers looks suspicious. i've never been able to get listings on gamespy, and now they've blocked loads of ports so the thing wont even start up, let alone get server listings. i can type in a single ip manually and try to connect to it, but that's all. which is why i'd like some server addresses 8)

edit: in other words, there's absolutely no way to deal with the problem, gamespy's ports are blocked over the network and i'll never be able to get server listings. all i can do is get around it :wink:

Oldih
Global Moderator

server ips

Unread post by Oldih » Sat Oct 15, 2005 8:48 pm

I?l use ingame browser to find games if I play in MP, even though sometimes it locks up\crashes the game.

So I suggest trying ingame server browser. But if you are having problems with it, go ahead and tell and I may have solution for it.

And yes, latest patch is 1.12
Even the defeated pretend to elevate their wisdom and words

pepsi_max2k
Private

server ips

Unread post by pepsi_max2k » Sat Oct 15, 2005 8:52 pm

:roll:

it doesnt work. the ingame browser is part of gamespy. it therefore requires the following ports to be open on a network to work:

* 6667 (IRC)
* 3783 (Voice Chat Port)
* 27900 (Master Server UDP Heartbeat)
* 28900 (Master Server List Request)
* 29900 (GP Connection Manager)
* 29901 (GP Search Manager)
* 13139 (Custom UDP Pings)
* 6515 (Dplay UDP)
* 6500 (Query Port)

specifically, the server heartbeat, request and manager need to be open to search for servers. most, if not all of the above have been blocked, and not by myself. network admins will not open them. there is an online port registering service to open outgoing holes in the network firewall for personal use. i've tried numerous variations of the above with no luck. there's nothing more i can do, just hope that openning h&d2's ports are enough, others on the same network have managed to get valve's steam server thingy to work the same way. that's why i'm asking for ip's and nothing else, and i guess i should've explained it to start with after all.

so.. ip addresses anyone? :P :wink: 8)

Jason
Administrator

server ips

Unread post by Jason » Sun Oct 16, 2005 2:28 am

The 1.12 patch for Sabre Squadron is only 20+MB, the patch for H&D2 without SS to get to 1.12 is 120+MB but doesn't require any previous patches.
A new day, a new beginning

Fixing H&D2 Multiplayer tutorial

Lars
Commando

server ips

Unread post by Lars » Sun Oct 16, 2005 2:56 am

Donno if these servers have a static ip address:
coop wck 82.165.180.122:14001
dm hippoclan 85.88.1.198:29900
obj hippoclan 85.88.1.198:28900
occ 1fjd 85.88.1.190:11001

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

server ips

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Sun Oct 16, 2005 5:40 am

Only 20 mb? Hmm...

Have you talked to sum1 higher up? They should be able to forward the ports to you...
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

pepsi_max2k
Private

server ips

Unread post by pepsi_max2k » Sun Oct 16, 2005 8:46 am

Lars: thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou *hugs mr lars* wwwoooooooohhhhooooo IT WORKS IT WORKS aaahhh i've been trying for a month to get online gaming to work. i now have a love for h&d2 like never before. if anyone wishes to mention any other ips then please do, like i say it's the only way i can join in the fun.

vitamihn - yeah, half the students in the uni have sent the admins emails about oppening up ports for games, they always reply with "the uni does not officialy support online gaming blah blah". though they do seem rather supportive of anyone playing half life 2 and anything else through steam, and all but oppened up the ports for that. i wonder why :roll:

pepsi_max2k
Private

server ips

Unread post by pepsi_max2k » Sun Oct 16, 2005 10:21 am

oh, even better, would someone care to mail me their ServerList.bin file from the PlayersProfiles folder in the H&D2 folder? it'd be a big help.

Jason
Administrator

server ips

Unread post by Jason » Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:33 am

[quote=""pepsi_max2k""]oh, even better, would someone care to mail me their ServerList.bin file from the PlayersProfiles folder in the H&D2 folder? it'd be a big help.[/quote]
Why do you need the server list from other people?
A new day, a new beginning

Fixing H&D2 Multiplayer tutorial

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

server ips

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:41 am

Becuz it will simplifie, his connecting...

Why dont you get a seperate internet connection?

That university line is gonna have alot of lag anyway...

pepsi_max2k
Private

server ips

Unread post by pepsi_max2k » Mon Oct 17, 2005 10:38 am

cor blimey, i didn't think it'd be this hard...

>>Why do you need the server list from other people?

did you read the previous posts? i'm living in halls of residence at university and they've blocked off loads of ports, gamespy's included. this means i can't use gamespy to search for servers (can't even log on to GS arcade). regardless, i cannot search for servers in gamespy or other server browsers as the constant pinging of them causes my pc to get booted of the network for a while for "suspicious behaviour". do not pass go, do not collect 200 server listings. basically i need them from other people because i cannot get them myself. i'd vnc a pc off the network but it's just as hard getting little sisters to set up services as it is getting some ips out of you lot.

i can't get a seperate connection from here, the network port in my room is connected through the hall's routers/switches to the main university lan, then onto the UK's JANET network and onto the real world. i don't have a phone line or anything to allow singing up with external ISPs.

lag? it's 1.5 megaBYTEs a second, get pings of 20 ish on servers (i've always had best or second best ping on the servers i've managed to join). no lag.

now don't anyone else ask :P

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

server ips

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Mon Oct 17, 2005 12:00 pm

So, not many people are using the connection?
The speed has nuthing to do with the problem I have concern for...
When you get a seperate connection they will rig you...

pepsi_max2k
Private

server ips

Unread post by pepsi_max2k » Fri Oct 21, 2005 5:45 pm

dare i ask... any more recommended IPs? all i've got working is the 1FJD clan server and one my mate puts up every now and then :(