Installing on Vista 64

This is for general discussion about Hidden & Dangerous 2, talk about what you liked or what you didn't like about the sequel. Talk about multiplayer games, setup matches etc.
Haj01
Private

Installing on Vista 64

Unread post by Haj01 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:03 pm

Im having trouble installing H&D2 sabre squadron for vista, it install up, when it asks for disk 2. When i put disk 2 in it keeps saying, data11.cab not found. I tried reinstalling, compatibility mode everythingi can think of, but to no avail. This is just for the expansion pack, sabre squadron, the normal H&D2 game installs fine, altough it wont allow me to start it for some reason. i'd appreciate any help, Thanks.

(sorry if i posted in the wrong section)
Last edited by Haj01 on Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

betteryouthanme
Lieutenant

Re: Installing on Vista 64

Unread post by betteryouthanme » Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:54 am

Hai, maybe just some scratches on your Disc 2? If so I would suggest to download H&D 2 Sabre and install it with a disk image program (PowerISO, Daemon Tools, ...)

To start H&D 2 it may help if you start it as administrator and with compatibility mode XP. This worked for me, but i'm running 32 version of Vista.

Haj01
Private

Re: Installing on Vista 64

Unread post by Haj01 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:34 pm

YEs thankyou, there must have been something wrong with my disk. I downloaded an ISO of the disk i needed, mounted it with Daemon tools, and it installed fine. Thanks for giving me the idea. It works perfect for Vista.