creating

This is for general discussion about Hidden & Dangerous 2, talk about what you liked or what you didn't like about the sequel. Talk about multiplayer games, setup matches etc.
rahulcdefg
Private

creating

Unread post by rahulcdefg » Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:39 am

hi guys ...i wanted to create a server in hidden and dangerous 2 ss..but when i create a server ..it is not visible in the update list...
1.am using xp sp2
2. i don have any router
3 through a wireless patch a wire is conected to my system..
4. my ip is not public one...i think its a static ip...
5 i added the ports 11001 to 11005 in exceptions of firewall...

tried almost every thing....but no use...can any one pls help me........pls............

Lars
Commando

Re: creating

Unread post by Lars » Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:13 pm

1) Why not with sp3 .. Never tried it with sp2 but with sp3 it worked
2) Are you sure?
3) And your Wlan connects to a router didin't it? Or how do you dail into the net? Via ppoe or what?
4) Shouldn't matter
5) Try adding ports 27900+28900 in the xp firewall

rahulcdefg
Private

Unread post by rahulcdefg » Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:49 pm

1.i heard that with sp3 ...internet cfonection work very slow...
2 .ya am sure that i don have any router
3. from the wireless patch on the top of the building through a access point a wire is conected to my system...
4. my ip is a static one....

Lars
Commando

Unread post by Lars » Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:24 pm

1)Never heard that it slows down anything ... even didin't noticed it here. However it even should work with sp2 only too
2/3) But how do you login than? Somewhere you must enter your connection password etc .. And I think that there where you entered that is the router .. where ever that is.
4) IP doesn't matter if static or dynamic. As  long as it doesn't start as and 192.*.*.* .. than it is just your normal LAN Address.
5) Tried to add these ports to your firewall?

Oh and if you only have an wireless connection .. you can nearly forget to host an bigger server .. that will be much to laggy. If you only want to play with an friend you should try hamatchi instead for an easy connection

rahulcdefg
Private

Unread post by rahulcdefg » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:24 am

"hamatchi"..can u tell me pls how it works...can i join my freinds in the game of hidden and dangerous 2....

rahulcdefg
Private

Unread post by rahulcdefg » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:27 am

can many from india join that server....or else only the people who are same conection can join??