going nuts about stupid version errors

This is the place to talk about everything and anything.
capthavoc
Lieutenant

Unread post by capthavoc » Fri Nov 26, 2004 11:00 pm

Aaargh i don understand :evil: :shock: :cry:
WHY DO I GET A LOT OF NOT A VALID VERSION ERRORS ?

i always check if it is the right version and even so i get this stupid message. and i think it sucks the latest patch did not have a lot of changes. so why not have at least work versioin 1.11 and 1.12 work together ?
im really frustrated over this :x

i know that you can switch rooms if you have sabre start from the sabre room and if you have the regular start from the normal room i geuss the sabre room is not even visible for those who have no sabre. ????
but now and then i like to play burma or african oasis.
but even if i know the version is correct in both rooms i get this error
is there a work around or are whe stuck on this stupid version stuff ???
i looked al over the gamespy forums for something about this but i cannot find it.

Lars
Commando

Unread post by Lars » Sat Nov 27, 2004 1:53 am

Well why do you use gamespy :?
There are 2 sort of 1.12 patches out there one for sabre and the other for hd2. If you have sabre you can play any game witch is patched to 1.12. If you have only hd2 you can only play on hd2 servers with 1.12 not at the 1.12 sabre server even they are runing the old hd2 maps. Gamespy won?t show you witch version they have installed (sabre 1.12 or hd2 1.12) it only shows you that 1.12 is the patch the server is runing. Better look at the in game browser for an multi. It works 100 times better as with gamespy