Who's frustrated with Illusion Softworks (2k Czech)

This is the place to talk about everything and anything.

Yes I am
25%
No, they love their fans
No votes
I just want my fucking 1.13 patch and H&D2 coop maps!
25%
I cry myself to sleep every night because of no H&D3 news
50%

Total votes: 8

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:20 pm

Well, the topic and question speak for it's self really :roll: I had a dream last night that another H&D2 expansion was released :cry:
A new day, a new beginning

Fixing H&D2 Multiplayer tutorial

Sergeant

Re: Who's frustrated with Illusion Softworks (2k Czech)

Unread post by 2k » Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:49 pm

They totally forgot about hd2. With no any words they even stop support hd2 official site(really great site). I think that kind of game development studio can afford to pay for hosting... :lol:  Moreover, throw out to comunity some sdk can be not so difficult, especially when the game is still playable, after years of the release. Really can't understand how they can forgot their project in which they had invested so much effort. Interesting, is the support situation the same for other illusion softworks games, mafia for example? So, my guesses about why they are so cruel with hd2 comunity. :mrgreen::
1) they simply lost all source stuff of the game.
2)some copyrighted problems.

What you think about it?

sry, for my poor english.

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:29 pm

I picked the one with fucking in it.

I am pretty sure they lost all the source and have copyright issues. Didn't they have the 1.13 patch ready to go, but IS wanted to bundle some crappy copy protection shit and the developers said no way?
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:22 pm

Well, after reviewing my email I actually have a better understanding of the situation, the last I was told of it. I'm not allowed to copy and paste or discuss what was said in my emails to the lovely folks at IS/2kC but what I will say is that the developers do care about H&D2 (and every other project). The source was definitely not lost. The only thing that was lost was perhaps profit? it's common knowledge that H&D2 wasn't exactly a smash hit. Although even after so long, the whole entire H&D series continues to get people very interested in it. Let's hope all these people buy the next game at the same time, if there is a next time.

Publishers, generally, are just in it for the money - which is understandable as a fellow business man type. But that said, game developers don't need to sign their souls to the devil. Although it is better to have a smash hit game than to have a complete failure. Mafia 2 will be a big hit, they have put so much money behind it, that hopefully, it will spark enough steam and money for H&D3. I actually don't believe they are even working on H&D3 yet, why would they? no one bought Sabre Squadron, there aren't many copies out there. I can't even find some new copies on ebay for a competition.

I'm frustrated with 2k Czech because they are a 2k company. They didn't have to sign up with them. They killed the Enemy in Sight project by doing so as well. I'm frustrated with 2k Czech because they have never released modding tools for the two communities that love them. Mafia and H&D caused people to be obssessed with their games and is it too much to ask for just something small in return? something is better than nothing, sure we'll bitch for more but that's what fans do :grin:

It costs money for a game development company to make a patch because time is money. That said, if I was a game developer, I'd gladly work weekends on something I was passionate about. But that's just me, I am sure my opinion would be different if I had a family.

It's okay to be frustrated, I'm not really angry, that would be stupid. The lack of news is what really gets to me though, just the lack of official communication to the fans. There are things that some of us know that we can't even tell people. Personally I haven't spoken to anyone from IS/2k Czech since 2007, which is around when they joined 2k Games.

The official hidden and dangerous website. What the hell? They took it down completely? why? I'm a professional web developer and this makes NO sense to me what so ever. It didn't send a good message to me and IMO the fans. It was like "that's it", with no goodbye :sad:

2k Czech / Illusion Softworks please throw us a bone soon!

I know I will be here, sticking around waiting...
Last edited by Jason on Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A new day, a new beginning

Fixing H&D2 Multiplayer tutorial

Lars
Commando

Unread post by Lars » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:27 am

Jason wrote: Well, the topic and question speak for it's self really :roll: I had a dream last night that another H&D2 expansion was released :cry:
Sounds like someone got an wet dream eh  :twisted:
-ViTaMiHnM203- wrote: I picked the one with fucking in it.

I am pretty sure they lost all the source and have copyright issues. Didn't they have the 1.13 patch ready to go, but IS wanted to bundle some crappy copy protection shit and the developers said no way?
1.13 was ready to release ... it should removed the copyprotection to get rid of some of the connection problems. Cause T2 didin't wanted that and didin't wanted to pay again for an new patch it has been dumped.

About the pool .. missing the i give a F*** about H&D or IS option  fingers01

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:23 am

So it removed the copyprotection already there? That's it? There were no other changes or improvements?
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

Lars
Commando

Unread post by Lars » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:26 pm

It should have added mp stability and the feature for official coopmaps