This is the place to talk about everything and anything.
Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Sun May 09, 2010 4:01 am

Finally got around to watching James Cameron's Avatar, love his movies, normally. The storyline for this is touchy feely, the nasty evil corporate men are steeling the hippy natives land, whatever. Loved the scenes with the high-tech military gear and the commanding officer was funny as hell thup01 but as for storyline, shove it up your ass, it seemed like a mix of Return of the Jedi (ewoks) and the CG Final Fantasy movie. Nothing new.

Anyone else notice he added the Aliens music in there at the end?

Haven't seen it? Well it's worth it for the CG but the CG is nothing special there is just more of it than usual. Titanic was better! Good to see Sigourney Weaver again though.

True Lies, Aliens, Terminator... he's done much better work!

What did you think of this overrated, hyped up, blue thing?
A new day, a new beginning

Fixing H&D2 Multiplayer tutorial

Lars
Commando

Re: Avatar

Unread post by Lars » Sun May 09, 2010 10:35 am

Expected more from the movie. It started nice but after the main character had to be in the Nali clan it runs for me to fast in the development.
Wouldn't made me wonder if Music or Tracks are taken from Aliens. James Horner worked in both with Cameron and he is a bit know of repeating themes from his old stuff
I would give the movie a 7 from 10 ... expected much more after hearing what others toled about it

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Sun May 09, 2010 3:24 pm

It is hardly believable that the man will still be in combat. At least here in the United States we are I think just a few tens of years away from eliminating the need for a human being to be in the combat zone. This movie takes place 150 years from now? The piloting of machines is at least believable, but the guys on the ground, no not really.
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Sun May 09, 2010 4:32 pm

-ViTaMiHnM203- wrote: It is hardly believable that the man will still be in combat. At least here in the United States we are I think just a few tens of years away from eliminating the need for a human being to be in the combat zone. This movie takes place 150 years from now? The piloting of machines is at least believable, but the guys on the ground, no not really.
I saw a documentary on the types of robots they are making for war, scary stuff. I don't think man should ever be removed from the fighting of war, it's our invention and one we should suffer through alone. It's one thing to have a machine fire a weapon but another to make accurate and moral decisions.

But yeah, you always take things too seriously man, it's a movie! :mrgreen:

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Mon May 10, 2010 4:54 pm

That is my perception of the way things will be and should be in 2150 based on the current human condition, not the way I want them to be.
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

Lars
Commando

Unread post by Lars » Mon May 10, 2010 5:16 pm

In fact the human species can be happy if the survive the next 50 years..
But to be honest.. Avatar .. fiction .. any more needed to be explained  :mrgreen:

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Mon May 10, 2010 6:37 pm

Lars wrote: In fact the human species can be happy if the survive the next 50 years..
Yeah there is always the threat of nuclear war from Russia, Iraq, North Korea, Iran? It's hard to keep up...

Lars
Commando

Unread post by Lars » Mon May 10, 2010 9:39 pm

I wouldn't count in an nuclear strike from anyone .. I thought myself about less drinkwater, global heating and the resoulting wars of that

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Tue May 11, 2010 5:50 pm

What do you mean drinking water? You drink water? You mean like from the toilet?

Lars
Commando

Unread post by Lars » Tue May 11, 2010 7:26 pm

I mean Drinking water - Freshwater ... in the next years we will have more than enaugh problems with salt water

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Fri May 14, 2010 7:04 pm

Hehehe! :mrgreen: